BPC Banking Technologies is one of the world’s leading providers of electronic payment processing solutions for the global financial industry. Founded in 1995, BPC’s client base consists of financial institutions in more than 40 countries on five continents, including several of the world’s top 100 banks.
BPC is looking for a senior technical writer and editor to take responsibility for ensuring that the Russian-language documentation produced by the BPC Documentation is of a consistently high quality. To this end, the successful candidate will be expected to undertake the following:
- Develop a documentation style guide for Russian technical documentation based on the existing BPC style guide developed for English.
- Ensure the adherence of Russian language documentation to this style guide and other standards that may be implemented.
- Contribute to the creation of high-quality Russian language documentation.
- Engage in developmental and copy editing of Russian language documentation.
- Liaise with the Russian regional groups to manage their documentation needs and schedule Russian-language technical writers.
The position will be based in Moscow but the successful applicant will report to a remote manager and will work with colleagues around the world.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree. The degree may be in the humanities (English/Russian or communications majors would be advantages) or the sciences (computer science or information technology majors would be advantages).
- At least seven years’ experience working in technical writing (or a closely allied field such as instructional materials development) in a software development environment.
- Demonstrable spoken proficiency in English.
- Excellent written communication skills in Russian and good written communication skills in English.
- Experience in developing topic-based user assistance.
- Experience editing technical documentation for compliance with one or more documentation standards.
The following are advantageous:
- Experience developing user assistance within a user-focused, task-oriented paradigm (employing user scenarios, role-based analysis, task analysis, etc.).
- Experience working with DITA (Darwin Information Typing Architecture) or DocBook.
- Experience using help authoring tools such as Help & Manual, Oxygen XML Author, or MadCap Flare.
- Experience in working in a multinational company with remote colleagues and subject matter experts.
- Experience developing documentation for the EFT (electronic funds transfer) or banking domains.
- Membership of a professional technical writing organization.
Applicants should have the following qualities:
- Be detail oriented.
- Be able to collaborate closely with other technical writers.
- Be able to communicate effectively with collocated and remote subject matter experts such as business analysts, architects, developers, and project managers.
- Be able to effectively estimate, schedule, and manage Russian-language documentation projects.
- Be able to accurately track effort expended on projects.
Applicants will be expected to provide examples of Russian-language technical documentation for which they have been primarily responsible.