General Manager Kazakhstan and Emerging Markets
Subordinate to: Head of iCEE
Job purpose: Ultimate accountability for the strategy, operations, and sales results of direct responsibility products. Provides input into Counties strategy, operations, and cost control. Successfully balances input into Countries and global strategy, with time and energy spent in the field working with business functions and interfacing with key stakeholders. This role demands the ability to lead, partner with, and coach other countries leaders, and the strength of character required to motivate employees across a Countries-wide organization.
- Lead, manage and develop the overall performance of the Countries, collaborating with Global and Regional officers to set strategy for current and future product portfolio components, delivering sales and profits within agreed budgets, and providing effective leadership of its business divisions, functional groups, and support teams
- Balance and prioritize needs of local, Regional and Global businesses in the implementation of countries strategy and operational plans
- Represent the Countries organization at the Regional/sub-regional forum, ensuring strategic and operational coordination across the region
- Proactively shape the Countries market environment, defend and improve Novartis market position and depth of market access by ensuring strong, trust-based relationships with customers and stakeholders (especially regulators, Pharma and Healthcare associations, customers, media, key accounts, and KOLs)
- Communicate clear Countries business vision and strategy (based on global vision/strategy) and ensure that these are reflected in a focused, lean, and responsive Countries organization
- Ensure legal and ethical conduct, corporate compliance, and adherence to company guidelines and procedures
- Strengthen Countries organization by developing an excellence-oriented and customer-focused culture, fostering innovation, and building best-in-class teams that fully exploit all market opportunities, and internal systems, programs, and tools
- Participate actively in Global and Regional/sub-regional Pharma forums, inputting Countries needs into Global and Regional strategic decisions and gathering best practices for use by Countries
- Drive top-level talent acquisition, succession planning and development of all associates across the region/sub-region
- Actively coach and partner with direct reports to build and implement their development plans and conducting their performance appraisal discussions
- Observe strictly any and all applicable internal and external regulations, acts and procedures, including, but not limited to: Code of Conduct, Corporate Citizenship, P3, local industry code etc.
- University degree
- Proven track-record of P&L responsibility
- Extensive experience in executive positions within the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven sales and marketing management ability
- Extremely well-developed understanding of country regulatory and market environments
- Proven understanding of product launch and product commercialization processes
- Significant leadership experience, and proven ability to manage and motivate associates of widely varying backgrounds across a dispersed and matrixed organization
- Proven ability and experience of risk management
- Strong results orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent persuasive and influencing skills.
Compensation and benefits:
- Attractive base pay and annual bonus level
- Excellent compensation & benefits package (medical insurance, meal allowance, mobile phone allowance, corporate car etc.)
- Internal and external educational courses and trainings
- Professional and career development opportunities within "Novartis" group of companies.
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks. And where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.